You are interested in the Kurdistan Region and would like to expand your economic activities in the Kurdistan Region? Then you’ve come to the right place. Here you will find an overview of the initial steps, legal framework, and key contacts to successfully invest in the Kurdistan Region.
If you are interested in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq from a business perspective, we recommend you to take the following steps:
- Contact your local KRG Representation in Austria for start-up information and contacts. If you are operating in a neighboring country where no representation has been established (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia), the KRG Representation in Austria will gladly assist you.
- Talk to current investors in the Region and learn about their experiences. The Kurdistan Regional Government Representation will gladly establish the contact for you.
- As personal business relationships are important to start business in the Kurdistan Region, it is beneficial to take a personal trip or to join a business delegation to the Region. The KRG Representation in Austria will advise you on how best to organize your trip and provide you with the necessary contacts.
- Contact the Board of Investment, which offers the following services:
- Guiding investors through the licencing process
- Providing legal information and assistance
- Establishing contacts between investors and local actors as well as institutions
- Helping investors with the compilation of their investment proposals and the necessary documents
You can also submit your investment proposal to the Board of Investment. Both, the BOI and the KRG Representation will assist you in preparing your proposal as well as the supplementary documents.
You can register your company directly online at the KRG Ministry of Trade & Industry.
Economic and Legal Framework
To provide you with a comprehensive overview of the economy in the Kurdistan Region, the Investment Board has compiled a concise brochure for investors.
Representation of the Kurdistan Regional Government-Iraq in Austria
Canovagasse 7 / Top 6
Telephone: +43 (0) 1/ 505 02 07-0
Kurdistan Board of Investment
next to the Ministry of Culture and Youth
60 Meter Street
Telephone: +964 750 351 5102
KRG Ministry of Trade and Industry
General Directorate for Company Registration
in front of the Parliament, near Birsema restaurant
30 Meter Street
WKO AußenwirtschaftsCenter Amman
Austrian Embassy – Commercial Section
Princess Basma Street 194, 6th floor
Telephone: +962 6 59 38 400
Deloitte Büro Erbil
Empire Business Complex
Telephone: +964 66 219 3323