Austrian nationals can obtain a free-of-charge visa on arrival in the Kurdistan Region, which is valid for 15 days. This provision also applies to the following nationalities:
Europe: Austria, Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta , Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Croatia
Other: Australia, Canada, Japan, Kuwait, Mexico, New Zealand, Qatar, South Korea, Turkey, USA, UAE,
All other nationals (for example Kurds from Syria) are required to obtain a visa prior to travelling to the Region. IMPORTANT: Only people, who are living in Austria can apply for a visa at our office.
5 Steps to your Visa for Kurdistan
I. Online Visa Application Form
- Please fill out the ONLINE VISA APPLICATION FORM
- IMPORTANT: Without this filled out (Online-)form you cannot make an appointment to apply for your visa
II. Make an appointment
- Please call our office at +4315050207 in order to make an appointment for your visa application
- For visa applications the following opening hours are valid: Tuesday 10:00-14:00 and Thursday 10:00-14:00
- IMPORTANT: Without an appointment you will not get a visa
III. Come to your appointment
- Please be on time for your appointment and bring along the following documents:
- 2 current passport photos
- certificate of registration
- Passport (has to be valid at least for another 6 months)
- 10 Euros processing fees (plus an additional fee in case you want to have it sent to you via post/mail)
- IMPORTANT: People above the age of 18 have to apply for a visa in person and come to our office. For people under the age of 18 parents or legal guardians can apply for the visa (and have to bring along passport, photo and processing fees as well)
IV. You will be contacted once your visa is here
- As soon as we receive your visa, you will be contacted by phone. Please do not call us beforehand, we will contact you.
V. Pick up your visa
- Your visa can be picked up at the office of the Representation. If you want to have it sent via post, you have to pay an additional fee.
- Your visa is valid for 30 days within 90 days and you can only enter the Kurdistan Region once with this visa
TO PRINT: 5 Steps to your Visa for Kurdistan
If you have further questions regarding the VISA application, please contact only: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification: With a visa for the Kurdistan Region you cannot enter the rest of Iraq. Our office does not issue visas or passports for the Republic of Iraq. For this purpose, please contact the Embassy of Iraq in Vienna.